Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thanks for the memories, 2011!

We thought 2010 was a big year, but 2011blew it out of the water.  We will always remember 2011 as the year our lives changed and became fuller than we ever imagined possible.  So, here's a look at some of the memories we've made.

In January, ground was broken for our first home.

We also found out we were having a baby girl!

In February we celebrated our 5-year engagement anniversary.

And learned how to cook a Mexican meal for Gary's 27th birthday.

In March, we went on our babymoon to San Antonio, Texas.

In April, we captured my pregnancy with amazing maternity photos.

And at the very end of the Month we closed on our house!


In May, we hurriedly painted and decorated in anticipation of our baby girl.

On June 1st our baby's due date came and went.

Then in the wee hours of June 3rd, we met our baby girl Eliza Joy Ann, and we felt love like never before.

In July, Eliza celebrated her first holiday.
And we celebrated five years of marriage!

In August, Eliza started giggling.

In September, Eliza had her professional 3-month photos taken.

And I turned 28 years old.

In October, Eliza was baptized in Rochester.

And we celebrated Halloween.

In November, we finally had a finished deck!

And we traveled to Florida for Aunt Alissa's and Tio Luis's wedding.

And in December, Eliza had her half birthday.

And we celebrated her first Chrismtas.

Tonight, as I type, our baby is sleeping and will wake up in 2012 to a year of big possibilities.  It will bring a trip to Harry Potter World (and maybe Disney), Eliza's first birthday, a new job for me, and a trip to England, not to mention projects for the house including finishing the basement and upgrades to our kitchen.  Our family resolutions for 2012 are to slow down, save money, and establish a bedtime routine.  :)

In closing, I'll repeat myself:
Thanks for the memories, 2011.  We won't forget you!

1 comment:

  1. I love all these photos. What a great snap shot of the year! I'm not sure I know about your job, so I'd love to hear it. If you want to email me, rather than post here, that's fine. Also, the house projects sound like fun! I can't believe it's already been since June that we've seen you guys...can that be right? We should remedy that once life slows down a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.