Thursday, May 26, 2011

Unveiling the Nursery

I brainstormed and envisioned this space for the past 4 months.  It's finally finished (minus two pictures to hang on a little wall).  I love it; Gary loves; Eliza will love it.  :)
View from the doorway.  Drapes, balloon shade, and hamper from Target.  White boxes DIY'd with scrapbook paper and silk flower blossoms.  Glider from Babies R Us.  Month-by-month frame on floor will be hung as soon as we have a 1 month picture; gift from Gary's mom. 
Chair corner.   Antique telephone stand with upholstered stool and yellow lamp from my high school bedroom. 

Close up of shadow boxes and stuffed elephant, which was a shower gift.

View from the closet door.  Changing table from Target.  Mirror from Lowes.  Shelving is two 3-foot pieces of vinyl gutter bought at Lowes in a 10-foot piece for $6.46!  Bins from Target, and match hamper.  Shower cards are hanging on twine with mini closepins.

Close up of gutter shelves and Eliza's first books.  Pink globes are leftover paper lanterns.


Art wall.  Main piece is from Hobby Lobby.  Cross is a gift from  uncle  Travis and his friend Hailey.  The remaining pieces  I DIY'd with embroidery hoops and bright fabrics and Goodwill frames.  Pinwheels are poster board and fabric.  Growth Chart from Hobby Lobby.

Decorative shelf from my mom's garage, spray painted yellow.  Stuffed owl and decorative box gift from coworker Hattie.  Stuffed lamb gift from my mom.  Piggy bank gift from my friend Bailey--super cute. 

Long view of the corner with shelf.

The crib from doorway.  Crib from Target.  Bedding is Skip Hop purchased from Land of Nod.  Mobile is DIY'd by me with paper lanterns and fabric/poster board pinwheels.  Name blocks from "Personalized Blocks" on Etsy.

Mobile reflection

39 Weeks and 1 day pregnant.  Waiting for an "outside" baby!

Daddy and Mommy waiting for baby.

I hope you enjoy our nursery as much as we do!  It's a relaxing space that I find myself sitting quietly in from time to time to reflect on what's to come.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the gutter/book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Has there ever been a baby better prepared for than Eliza? Well done. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This continues to be such a good year. So glad I had a small part in making your dream baby room come true. And now it looks like two babies are coming soon and I'm going to help in that room too. It. So exciting. A granna and a great aunt all at the sme time!! Let's get this party started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, make sure you use the baby bellies things for your monthly pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.