Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Family Cruise Part 4

When we last left off, we had been in Jamaica and to the baby splash area.  I just realized that when I went through pictures, that we had another special event that night for me and Gary.  We went to karaoke as we often do on cruises (if you are curious, I think there is a video of me on facebook from a prior cruise taken by a fellow cruiser/new friend), and found out it was a contest for 10 entries only and a few spots remained.  On a whim, I entered the contest.  They picked five people to move on to a final round on another day.  Well, after singing "I Can Love You Better" by the Dixie Chicks (shout out to my 9th & 10th grade bffs!), I was a finalist!  Here I am before receiving the news (on the far left end):
Now, unfortunately, I misread the itinerary and completely missed the finals as they were in the middle of the last sea day (while we were eating sushi!).  Bummer!  Especially for my parents who didn't get to see me sing.  Fun times, though!  Gary and I then went to a Malibu Rum sponsored dance party out on the adults-only deck (no pictures) and drank fru-fru cocktails and danced the night away.  At one point, a lady stopped us and said "you guys are great!"  I think we can all thank the Malibu for that episode.  ;)

On to the next day, which was a low key day at sea.  We started the day playing in the awesome toddler area.

Granna or Grandpa on the other side of the porthole.

Playing with Granna
Then, Mom and I went to a cupcake decorating class during naptime.  Thanks to Dad for these pictures (and Mom for posting them on facebook!).
Waiting to start!
Mom's "hamburger" made of vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, frosting, and fondant.
Our creations!
Then I finally spent some time out in the sun reading a book!  And then I fell asleep.  That was heavenly.  :)

This night was our ultimate formal night.  Dad brought his tux, Gary wore his nice suit with a bowtie, while Mom, Eliza, and I fancied up in dresses.  We all coordinated in black and white.  We're kicking ourselves for not getting better pictures, but here are some!
Matching the zebra!
Having more fun than it looks :)

Professional photo w/ Granna
Sweet sweet girl
Great photo with Granpa
Our professional photo (by the way, that's a pashmina and not a weird one sleeve dress!)
This was a fun day.  I really enjoyed the time spent with my mom and enjoyed sneaking away for a relaxing couple hours on deck with my Nook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.