Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day at the Zoo

I had Good Friday off (this is Gary speaking), so I decided to take Eliza to the Indianapolis Zoo.  We last visited the zoo around Halloween for Zoo Boo.  Given her love of animals and my love hearing her making animal sounds, it was bound to be a great time.

Ready to go!
On the way to the Zoo I explained to Eliza where we were going and how we were about to see a bunch of animals.  She seemed unimpressed as I listed the animals:  monkeys, elephants, fish, tigers, lions, dolphins.  But when I said "bears" she erupted in a great big roar!

Water!
Throughout the zoo Eliza was intrigued by the water and always pointed it out.  Which is strange considering she generally hates baths and showers.

My turn to pull the wagon.
In the middle of the zoo (conveniently located next to the largest eating area) is a nice mini-park.  As I trust everyone who reads this is a devout follower of the blog, I need not mention that Eliza loves slides.



The weather was bearable, but at times felt a little chilly.  Inside the desert biodome was different story.  It was hot.  Eliza really enjoyed it probably due to the fact she could walk up the glass and see lizards.  As soon as she first saw a lizard moving, she couldn't contain it and started pointing emphatically and repeated "What's that!"



The zoo also has a carousel.  Knowing that she loves to do a gorilla imitation, it was no surprise, she picked the gorilla.  When we went back last Monday for about forty minutes, I mentioned going to the zoo.  The only thing she said was "ride" and started beating her chest.

This is what I've been waiting for....
We stayed for about two-hours.  She cried a little bit about leaving, but before we finally made our exit, she said her good-byes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.