This week Eliza has experienced extended time with Mommy and Daddy. On Monday, we reaped the benefit of Christopher Columbus’s second greatest contribution to the Western World (first, was the discovery of America; second, was the day off from work in his honor). My Dad and I worked on the deck for most of Monday and for half a day on Wednesday. The floor of the deck would be done for now if not for some pesky rain showers.
Abby also took Eliza to see Dr. Bensi and the doctor was very happy with Eliza’s progress. We successfully transformed our string bean into a chickpea: Eliza weighed in at 12 pounds. She gained almost an ounce a day. Which doesn’t sound like much, but if I gained weight at a similar rate, I would have gone from 160 pounds to almost 170 pounds in twelve days!
In the early morning on Wednesday we could hear Eliza wheezing while she slept and sounded as if she was suffering from severe upper respiratory congestion. When she finally awoke both of us immediately noticed she was more of a hot box than normal. Her under-the-arm temperature confirmed a slight fever. So I stayed home with Eliza and Abby went to work. Abby later took Eliza to see Dr. Bensi again. Eliza had the croup accompanied by a nasty cough. She also could not hit the high notes whenever she talked/squealed.
Eliza has not been to day care since Tuesday and has been taking a steroid twice day. She is almost back to her playful and joyous self. Her nasty cough remains, yet its frequency has diminished. But all in all she is much better. It’s been great to be around her all day; however, I wish it were under different circumstances (in any event, it is certainly better than working).
Standing and bouncing has also been a source of amusement for Eliza. But she isn't quite tall enough for the bouncy chair/standing thing, so we have to supplement it with a blanket (note: that is a Valpo Law sweatshirt blanket we each received when we graduated...totally worth the price of tuition).
Have a great weekend!
I don't know if she's a chickpea yet, those are some skinny legs in that last picture!
ReplyDelete