Since we found out Baby Rom is a girl (well, to be honest, before we found out), I have been scouring websites for nursery inspiration and decor. I began my search with a very specific color palette in mind, starting with two pillows that I absolutely adored. The colors were pink and purple with accents of blue and green. I was struggling to work this out. It was impossible to find a bedding set that fit, but I did find some pieces I liked. I ordered fabric swatches for the sheets I liked and the crib skirt I hoped would coordinate. When I received both this past week, I was disappointed that I didn't fall in love with my idea! Here is what I was going for:
Since I didn't fall in love with the fabrics, I decided to do some more looking without being constrained by the pillows. I'm glad I did, because I found a bedding set that I absolutely love and fits more with my "secret garden"-like vision. So this is what I'm leaning toward now:
This, I love, but haven't made the final decision. I'm not sure what wall color we'd go for, but the yellowish-green does contrast nicely with all of the pink and browns. There is a deeper pink/red color in the bedding that would be fun to play with a bit more in accessories.
I'll just figure out something else for the pillows :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.